Mentoring is about understanding the business, the person, the vision. Helping you to take the big decisions and to work through the nitty gritty.
- Having someone on your side
- Someone to ask when you are not sure
- A guiding hand to help you take good business decisions
- A driving influence to keep you moving forward
- Someone to turn to when things get difficult
- An inexpensive way of gaining access to experience – particularly in areas that are unfamiliar
- Strategic support combined with detailed, practical and tactical help
- Hands-on, sleeves rolled up, assistance when needed
- Guidance with starting up your business
- Help with business planning and financial management (including when you are looking for extra financial resources)
How does it work
- Face to face meetings, typically 1 ½ to 3 hours long, as often or as little as you need. No need to commit to more than one session at a time. The first half hour of the first meeting is free with no obligation to proceed.
- Support through telephone and email between meetings if appropriate.
“Mentoring is often about being able to combine strategic thinking with detailed, practical and tactical help. It is also about guidance and recognising when and where to seek specialised assistance. Most importantly it is about adding value. I think my hands-on experience and my flexible approach enables me to be of significant benefit and value to my clients.”
Nigel has been a tremendous support over a critical growth stage of my business. By having regular meetings Nigel’s mentorship has undoubtedly enabled me to focus on my plans and maintain business momentum.”
Emma Peasod, Studio Peascod